Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.103: Primitive Cthulhu by Dave Carson





This item was forwarded to me by Mr. Dave Carson - an artist who dwells near an ill-regarded town on the South coast of England. Mr. Carson informs me that whilst this is the work of his own hands, it is based nonetheless on a wall carving - apparently of remarkable antiquity - which he discovered whilst searching for fossils in a certain sea cave overlooking the English Channel (the location of which, quite rightly, Mr. Carson refuses to disclose).

Soon after the completion of the piece, Mr. Carson apparently received a visit from an enquirer of peculiar and unpleasant demeanour (possessing, I am told, repellently bulbous eyes) who insisted he be allowed to purchase the item for a paltry sum - despite the fact that the artist had not up to that point informed anyone of its existence. I have now secured the object behind the proper warding, so hopefully this will be the end of the matter. That said, I did spy a rather ungainly fellow loitering at the street corner near my apartments as I returned home this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment