Wednesday, August 01, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.213: The Hills Rise Wild



I was going through some stuff today when I came across this old copy of The Hills Rise Wild, Pagan Publshing’s miniature-style game (with cadboard standees instead of actual miniatures), described on the box as ‘a frenzied fury of hillbilly horror’. The game pitches four Lovecraftian factions - the Whately clan, ghouls, Deep Ones, and mutant cultists - against each other, trying to gain control (if I remember correctly) over a copy of the Necronomcon. I think I only ever played this once, and it might now end up on ebay, but it is of interest as being the very first Cthulhu mythos-inspired tactical miniatures game. I think expansions were planned for The Hills Rise Wild, which would have added Herbert West, as well as Mi-Go t the mix, but sadly these never materialised.

No comments:

Post a Comment