Friday, August 17, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.229: The King in Yellow CD




Produced by The Society of the Yellow Sign, and released by Rainfall Records, The King in Yellow is a concept album exploring the mythos created by Robert W. Chambers around the eponymous, fictive play. Whilst I have owned this for some years, I have only just realised that I have never actually listened to it - indeed, I’m sure that, like many collectors of things Lovecraftian, far too many of our books or cds remain unread or unplayed these days.

However, for the purposes of this post, I have dipped into a few tracks - and suitably lush, ethereal folk-psychedelic rock appears to form the foundation of the piece; to which I might add I do rather like what I have thusfar listened to, and mean to give the entire album a spin over the weekend. Hopefully immersion into the decadent madness of the black stars which hover watchfully over Carcosa will also help me forget briefly the rather nasty case of conjunctivitis that has been afflicting me these past days...

The King in Yellow also come with a rather nice insert, and includes a cover illustration by Steve Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment