Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.146: The Silver Tentacle of Doom


Earlier today I took one of my occasional trips to the local garden centre. I’m not much by way of a gardener, but said garden centre also hosts a very large aquarium store - and any wargamer worth their salt knows that such places can be a veritable cornucopia when it comes to wargaming terrain: aquarium ornaments often take the form of ancient ruins or temples, interesting rock formations and the like - often in the same scale of commercially available 28mm wargaming terrain, but significantly cheaper.

Whilst today’s trip didn’t reveal much by way of wargaming terrain, I discovered the above curio which I think it was advertised as a kraken’s tentacle; in any case, I purchased it immediately for the reasonable sum of £9.99. I think it looks like a vaguely art-deco Lovecraftian statuette, and it will shortly be gracing my cabinet of curiosities. I call it ‘Cthulhu Rising’ (or, if you prefer, ‘The Silver Tentacle of Doom’).

Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment