Friday, January 08, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing A Day No.8: Tell Me, Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?


This was a papier mache mask I bought from a craft shop, then modified by adding a version of the Yellow Sign (the one typically used in the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game) before painting up in a suitable yellowish tone, and adding yellow ribbon as a tie. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do justice to the actual colouration and painting of the mask which, even if I do say so, is quite good. I ended up wearing this at the Eldritch Ball at NecrononiCon 2015. I had been looking for a set of yellow silk pyjamas to go with it as a 'King in Yellow' costume for the event, but (surprisingly) I wasn't able to find such a garment online. Instead, I wore the mask suited and booted (along with a stylish smoking hat) - there may be images/video out there somewhere of me wearing said apparell at the Eldricth Ball whilst dancing to the Sister's 'This Corrosion'. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment