Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Lovecaftian Thing a Day (2018) No.30: From the Mountains of Madness


Last night the Silver Key unlocked a portal to an oneiric realm of polar horror, wherein my dreaming self was propelled across a vast range of snow-encrusted, needle-like mountains and onto an icy plateau - upon which I saw arrayed a city of cyclopean proportion and alien design.

I sensed beneath that aeons-old metropolis great, benighted burrows within which strange life roiled and bubbled blasphemously. Feeling my consciousness drawn inexorably toward those black vaults of horror, I spoke a Word of Power evoking the Nameless One - a Word extricated from the strange system of signification etched upon the Silver Key - to recall myself to wakefulness.

Whereupon I discovered, clutched in my right hand as I lay upon my bed, the above token - whose unearthly and unknown alloy has given life and monstrous form to a curious and horrible design.

No comments:

Post a Comment