Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.25: The Night Ocean


Paul La Farge’s novel The Night Ocean controversially documents the friendship between H.P. Lovecraft and Robert Barlow (Lovecraft’s literary executor, and noted anthropologist). I have not yet read The Night Ocean - in part because I’d like to give it some context by first reading O Fortunate Floridian: H.P Lovecraft’s Letters to R.H. Barlow; however, I mention it here because I accepted The Night Ocean as first prize for winning the Lovecraft trivia quiz, compered by the mighty Pete Rawlik, at NecronomiCon 2017. In fact, it was one of a parcel books awarded, the other two of which, in my magnanimity, I gave to the second- and third-place runners-up.

Did I mention that this was the second time in a row I have won the NecronomiCon Lovecraft trivia quiz? If not, then do feel free to take a moment to bask in the glory of my awesomeness.

You are welcome.

I mean to return to NecronomiCon in 2019 with a view to retaining the title for a third time in a row - if you think you can do better, come along and try to lay the smackdown on me, suckers!

That’s how winning’s done

No comments:

Post a Comment