Thursday, October 13, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.287: The Savage World of Solomon Kane


Properly speaking Howardian, but Lovecraftian by association: today I present The Savage World of Solomon Kane - a gorgeously-produced full-colour rpg of adventure and supernatural horror based upon the world of Robert E. Howard's eponymous Puritan hero. Appropriately, the game is powered by the Savage Worlds engine - possibly my favourite rpg system of all time and ideal for simulating a bit of old-school pulp action. I was hoping that Pinnacle (who published this) were going to be in line for the Conan rpg license as well; sadly that was not to be. However, Modiphius (who also produce the wonderfully titled Achtung! Cthulhu setting - more of which later) look to be doing a very fine job in that respect. But enough of this prattle! I'm off to strap on a brace of pistols, sharpen my blade, and prepare to kick-ass in the pursuit of righteous vengeance.

Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment