Thursday, September 08, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.252: A Little Green Cthulhu Idol


This plastercast Cthulhu icon - which I painted a dark shade of sea green - was gifted to me by Maria Strutz many years ago. Whilst it is now safely ensconced within my cabinet of curiosities, since coming into my possession it has acquired an unusual and somewhat sinister history: since coming many are the times it has rested silent and uncaring upon a makeshift alter in some unlit and desolate, liminal space; numberless eldritch sacraments has it witnessed, where the Words have been spoken and the Rites howled through at their Seasons...

As a consequence of these ritual applications, the icon has become somewhat chipped and worn - although I like think this renders it all the more characterful.

No comments:

Post a Comment