Monday, March 28, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing A Day No.88: Hornet Leader - The Cthulhu Conflict



Regular readers of the Ghooric Zone will know of my interest in Lovecraftian interventions into the hobby gaming arena, so for today's Lovecraftian Thing A Day I present my copy of Hornet Leader: The Cthulhu Conflict. This is a supplement for the solitaire tactical/operational-level wargame of modern air combat/bombing sorties, Hornet Leader. This is one of my favourite solitaire games, and of course, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much anything Lovecraft-related has my name on it - quite literally, in this case (I was an early pre-order backer of the supplement, which meant my name ended up on the box).

The Cthulhu Conflict offers a number of scenarios involving US Airforce/Naval operations in response to the speculated rise of R'lyeh and the return of the Great Old Ones in the near future. Your pilots can go insane, and you can even use drones to drop nukes on Great Cthulhu - for all the good that will do you...

No comments:

Post a Comment