Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.350: Of Doomful Portent




A festive offering today, by way of Matthew M. Bartlett and Yves Tourigny’s Of Doomful Portent: An Advent Calendar of Grotesque Horrors. I picked this unusual chapbook - which consiss of 25 sealed sections, each of which, when opened up, reveals an illustration and piece of short weird fiction with a seasonal theme. I picked this limited edition up at NecronomiCon 2017, but have only began a readthrough at the start of this December. Readers of this blog will, I imagine, be familiar with Matthew M.Bartlett’s name by way of his tales of aural weird horror (which I think I have characterised elsewhere as a mashup of Lovecaft and William Burroughs). Of Doomful Portent is also available in standard paperback format if you are looking for a dose of festive horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment