Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.105: The Thin Veil of London


The Thin Veil of London by Rich Cochrane and Robert Kingham is the literary companion to Minimum Labyrinth’s occasional Arthur Machen-inspired walking tour of Holborn and Bloomsbury, in which I was fortunate to participate back in 2013 (on that occasion the walk was led by Robert Kingham). This was, without exception, the best guided walk I have as yet ever been on - not just on account of its focus, but because of its surprising incorporation of theatre in a manner which effectively replicated Machen’s own visionary excursions into the ineffable hieroglyph which is London.

I am also very proud to have played a very small role in facilitating an ongoing collaborative film project on pagan London between Robert and Goldsmiths College’s Department of Anthropology - which I am sure I will have more to say about in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment