Friday, November 18, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.323: The Republic of Cthulhu


Eric Wilson's The Republic of Cthulhu (published by Punctum Books) arrived in today's post, and is a volume I've been interested in ever since I heard about it a few months back - doubly so because at NecronomiCon 2015 I presented a paper on 'Lovecraftian Parapolitics', which is the focus of this book. At the time I was aware that Wilson had written on parapolitics (conspiracy theory, for want of a better term), but I had no idea he was going to be linking his work in that area to Lovecraft. In actuality I've use the term 'parapolitics' somewhat differently to Wilson - but nontheless there seem to be some intriguing convergences with my own interests here, so I'm very much looking forward to reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment