Monday, November 05, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.308: Arkham Horror (3rd Edition)


My pre-ordered copy of the third edition of Fantasy Flight Games’ Arkham Horror boardgame arrived today. Unfortunately, this is going to be one of my Christmas presents, so it will be a few weeks until I get to open it - but it is getting some very good reviews as being an immersive, narratively-driven co-operative game of Lovecaftian horror.

This third edition also looks very different from the second edition, which also means that my complete set of second edition material hasn’t been made obsolete (the third edition pretty much renders second edition as a completely different game). The only thing I’m not too sure about is the cover art, which looks rather comedic in a Keystone Kops sort of way...

No comments:

Post a Comment