Thursday, November 29, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.333: Guardians of the Abyss


Fantasy Flight Games’ Arkham Horror: The Card Game has just completed its third campaign cycle of scenarios and, since I have started collecting the game, I’ve only ever managed to play one scenario out of the 30+ which are currently available - in part for the very reason that most of the scenarios do form part of a longer campaign which, due to current work pressures, I’d find difficulty committing to (I know that if I don’t play regularly, the likelihood is that I’ll lose traction and abandon the campaign). 

Today, however, I received Guardians of the Abyss, which consists of two linked scenarios, looks like it has something of a Masks of Nyarlathotep theme (which is a bonus), and might just be the thing to rouse my enthusiasm for playing the game. Unfortunately, this is also being added to the Christmas pile, so it’ll be another few weeks before I have the chance to get this to the gaming table...

No comments:

Post a Comment