Friday, October 05, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.277: Silurid Miniature Madness


Malifaux - a small-scale skirmsh mniatures wargame with a Wild West/Steampunk/horror theme - was a game I played with some regularity about 7 or 8 years ago; I even participated in a tournament back in tne day (placing second-from-last). My favourite models in the game were always Malifaux’s Deep One analogue, the Silurids: primordial aquatic humanoids who arise from the swamps and lakes of the world of Malifaux when the stars are right.

The above model is one of my favourites from the original Silurid range: the Silurid Brood Mother. Whilst I never had the opportunity to field the Brood Mother in any of my games, I recall that in the first iteration if the rules, a unit of three vanilla Silurids made for a pretty effective alpha-strike kill-team (that being a wargaming technical term). I never managed to work out how to use them effectively to that end, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment