Friday, February 19, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing A Day No.50: The Call of Cthulhu Cult Statue


So today the Lovecraftian Thing A Day reaches another benchmark with its fiftieth consecutive daily post. Whilst I still haven't followed through with my overall intention for the blog (producing at least one substantial post every week or two), the process so far has been a lot of fun - and very instructive. So, then, to celebrate I present another of the rarities from my collection: a replica of the Louisiana Cthulhu cult statue prop as used in the HPLHS film of The Call of Cthulhu and produced in a limited run by Bryan Moore of Arkham Studios. My photo really doesn't do the sculpture justice, which is an attempt to represent the wholly alien Cthulhu in a really unusual Art Deco/Futurist style.

No comments:

Post a Comment